Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

torn driveshaft boot

Old 12-10-2011, 10:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Battlefrog
If you decide to replace the shaft with an aftermarket let me know, I'll make the trip up your way and lend a hand...
Cool, I won't turn down a hand, but it looks like it should be something really simple. Wait, unless you are looking for an excuse to come up here and hang out. In that case, yeah, I think this replacement will be brutal, at least a three man, 1/4 barrel of beer job.
Old 12-10-2011, 11:08 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by finnd1

Cool, I won't turn down a hand, but it looks like it should be something really simple. Wait, unless you are looking for an excuse to come up here and hang out. In that case, yeah, I think this replacement will be brutal, at least a three man, 1/4 barrel of beer job.
Deffinetly a 5-8 hour job that involved a lot of modification and beer!
Old 12-10-2011, 11:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Battlefrog
Deffinetly a 5-8 hour job that involved a lot of modification and beer!
i'm off for the week between xmas and hew years unless something bad happens. I hope to have a new DS by then.

I'll keep you posted.
Old 12-10-2011, 11:24 AM
JK Junkie

I'll be in Mexico (TJ) and Vegas from 23rd to the 1st, but I'll be wife and childless from 6 jan to 5 Feb...
Old 12-11-2011, 04:24 AM
JK Newbie

My boot looks exactly like this after yesterday's trip. First time out with lift and discos. Checked the boot half way through and all was well unless the "one last trail" syndrome set in... I heard an awful bang on the way down one last hill and I thought I broke something up front or a coil somehow magically slipped out (I had just seen and heard that happen to a stock sahara using the momentum technique to get up the same hill and it looked painful) but turns out the front breather hose popped off with authority. I'm actually heading up to Fredericksburg VA today until the end of Feb and I don't plan on attempting to wrestle with the pinion nuts with a breaker bar in the Hilton parking lot in the middle of winter so no DS until March.
Old 12-11-2011, 04:36 AM
JK Freak

wrestling with pinion nut with breaker bar= no fun.. Picking up a cordless impact= lots of fun.

Took about 5 minutes of feeling like I was gonna break the bar and off to by an impact I was

Quick Reply: torn driveshaft boot