Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Top off ???

Old 03-01-2011, 08:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Top off ???

Anyone running this set-up or one similar?? Particularly interested in the windjammer, I already have the duster, but no top... The windjammer, is it crap, or does it work?? I love having the top off, but on long commutes @ 75mph the wind gets to be a little much...
Does having a top sunscreen like a Spidershade or Dirtydog help w/ the wind?

Last edited by chipmaker; 03-01-2011 at 08:16 AM.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:42 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks interesting. I run the duster and the header safari top. The angle backwards looks wierd and there are still large openings on the left and right. I think the header safari top cuts down my wind problem significantly.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:46 AM
JK Newbie

I had one of these on a 91' YJ, and it worked great. It cut out tons of wind.
Then I had kids...
Old 03-01-2011, 09:45 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

I drove that exact configuration to San Diego and back (from Oklahoma City). Got caught in a seriously heavy rain storm from Palo Duro Canyon to well into New Mexico. A little water got inside but it was a lot dryer than I expected. Wind for back seat passengers will be annoying, but better than without the Windjammer. Noise will be high--at the end of the trip I found solace in a pair of ear plugs (but that was a couple thousand miles later). I was very pleased. I did carry a Trail Cover to throw over the rig at night when parked just in case it rained (much more exposed than when actually moving along at highway speeds). Here are a couple pictures of the rig during a sidetrip in Sedona, AZ ...

BTW: Some folks have forced the two-door Wraparound Windjammer to fit onto the four door. You'll get a pretty good seal with that. Search for several threads on this subject, if interested.

Last edited by Mark Doiron; 03-01-2011 at 09:51 AM.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:45 AM
JK Super Freak

Default As Mark D said

check this thread.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...imited-(4-door).
Old 03-01-2011, 12:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chipmaker
...Does having a top sunscreen like a Spidershade or Dirtydog help w/ the wind?
I have a 2dr, no windjammer but I do have a spidershade. If the doors are on it does help cut down the wind, but a solid bikini or safari top is much better if you don't like the wind. I used to have a safari top and with the doors on there was very little wind, just what came from the back. I like the spidertop, but if you want no wind on the highway you may want to shop around some more.

Quick Reply: Top off ???