Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Too much info!

Old 09-02-2014 | 02:45 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Aren't you glad you didn't just throw down money on the flip?

I think the Camber spec is -.62 to +.12. I wouldn't worry about your -.7
Many people report numbers worse than that straight off the dealer lot. Certainly not bad enough to warrant $600 for a set of adj bj's. But, you might look in to getting a set of C Gussets installed just to keep the C's from bending. They are fairly inexpensive even with the installation.

For the caster, you might verify that the dealership didn't just 'forget' to add the adjustable arms. Maybe they are still sitting there in a box. If you didn't pay for them already, then you get to do more research and decide if you want arms or brackets, who's arms or brackets you want, and if you do want arms, if you want a full set of 8, or just one set front and rear, or just one set up front for now. Fun stuff, huh.
Old 09-02-2014 | 02:56 PM
Ncb
JK Super Freak

The basic TF 4" lift doesn't include arms, but it's clearly stated on their product page that arms are required for correct alignment.
Old 09-02-2014 | 03:42 PM
JK Newbie

Yep, thanks for the alignment advise THIN! Talked to a reputable welder today and he doesn't touch anything with steering, but gave me info on guy that he would trust, so we'll see about the gussets. As far as the TF lift, I wanted arms with it but he got the kit without them and I knew I would have to get them down the road just didn't realize it would be this soon. Been looking at kits and not sure on how many and brand, but yeah shopping for it is fun.

Still might call dealer and see what they say bc they did the work and I've busted my drive shaft boot the other day. I've heard off some getting new shafts under warranty
Old 09-02-2014 | 03:46 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Stock shafts are too thick, and with the steep angle from that high of a lift it will just keep failing. You might be better off biting the bullet and going with a thinner aftermarket shaft with different joints instead of expecting the dealership to keep replacing.
Old 09-02-2014 | 03:55 PM
JK Newbie

Your right. Been pricing those also. Like I said, I enjoy shopping for the jeep but the wallet, ouch!
Old 09-02-2014 | 04:45 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Now yousee why we stated to just drop down to a 2" lift. Much simpler and cheaper.
Old 09-02-2014 | 05:43 PM
JK Newbie

Yep, thanks for your help also DIRT. Still debating that, but either way I guess the $ will still be spent

Quick Reply: Too much info!