Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Tom Woods Drive Shafts

Old 08-25-2008, 11:38 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tom Woods Drive Shafts

Vehicle: 2007 JK Rubicon 2dr with RE 3.5 inch kit with 3/4 inch spacers up front and 1 inch spacers in the rear.

I'm in the process of planning the replacement of my front and rear drive shafts. I think I'm going to order mine from Tom Woods. Based on what I have read here I can't go wrong with Tom Woods or even JE REEL. What I'm curious about is the drive shaft measurements of others who have gone with Tom Woods and the instructions on his web site on how to measure jk drive shafts. My measurements are as follows: Rear shaft ~23.5 - 24 inches (bottom & top measurment), Front shaft ~35.5 - 35.75 inches. Any feedback is appreaciated. Thanks!
Old 08-25-2008, 12:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Good timing on the post, I plan on doing the exact same thing in the next day or two! My jeeps at the dealer right now, but when I get it back tomorrow, I'll measure and let you know what I got... I'm running the FT 3" with 3/4" front spacers
Old 03-03-2011, 09:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

This is installation of the Clayton kit and they changed out the drive shaft to Tom Woods.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e50eTmgNWOs
Old 03-03-2011, 09:54 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

With adjustable CV drivelines you don't need an exact measurement. The lines slip so if you're within an inch it won't matter. I've run Tom's shafts in my TJ and they were fine. Because of timing, I went somewhere else for my JKU drivelines and they work fine as well.

I usually measure between bolt surfaces on each u-joint.

Quick Reply: Tom Woods Drive Shafts