Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Toe-in question with hydro assist

Old 06-30-2016, 09:28 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jedg
Yeah, passenger has an adjuster sleeve. Driver runs the TRE into the tie rod with a jam nut to hold it in place.

The reason I said option 1 is because of the above. If I don't unhook the ram and just use the adjuster sleeve on the passenger side, I don't believe it'll get me where I need to be as the ram would hold the tie rod in place an just move the passenger side.
Ahh gotcha yeah. Id take ram off then drop the driver side out the knuckle and adjust.
Old 06-30-2016, 09:32 AM
Super Moderator

Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts

Okay, thanks!

Sometimes (okay, often) I'm a bit physics/statics challenged (just ask Mr72).. hehehe...
Old 06-30-2016, 09:34 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jedg
Okay, thanks!

Sometimes (okay, often) I'm a bit physics/statics challenged (just ask Mr72).. hehehe...
Haah its ok. You almost had me second guessing myself.
Old 07-28-2016, 11:54 AM
Super Moderator

Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts

So an update. I -finally- got this fixed. I tried to do it myself with DIY system but just wasn't working for me. After taking it to half a dozen shops who turned me away when they saw they hydro assist, I found a shop that would do it. They cut me off mid-sentence when I was explaining how to set the toe-in and had me wait in their waiting room. One hour later, I'm asked to come into the work bay to be shown something. They show me how my tie rod (synergy) only has an adjuster on one side and so they can't properly set the driver side toe without dropping the TRE. So I try to explain to the how to set the toe again. They look at me like I'm trying to sell them a bridge on Saturn. I FINALLY talk them into letting me do the work while they watch their machine. I disconnected my hydro from the tie-rod, then set overall toe to 0.18. Then turned the steering wheel until the right and left toe were within the window they should be in on their machine. Adjusted my hydro hiem joint to fit back onto the tie rod. Then set the drag link to get the steering wheel back to center according to their machine. They still charged me $60.. huh?!

Oh well, the jeep drives great now.

Quick Reply: Toe-in question with hydro assist