Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

toe in question

Old 08-04-2009, 04:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default toe in question

My front of front tires measures 64 and 4/8 inch, my rear of front tires measure 64 and 5/8. This is from the factory, so I have 1/8 inch toe in from factory. From the toe in write up from WOL states to set to 1/8 toe in. Does this mean total 1/8 toe in, or 1/8 additional to the 1/8 allready have?
Old 08-04-2009, 04:58 PM
JK Freak

WOL recommended 1/8 toe in...so that means the distance from center-center in the front is 1/8 inch less than the distance center-center in back. What you have now is correct by what WOL recommends, 1/8 inch toed in. The actual distance isn't important cuz peoples tire/wheel combo varies...what's important is the difference between the front and back of your own vehicle. You can play around with it though its super easy to adjust. I'm at like ~1/32 toe in. 1/16 toe out also felt good but I get slightly more wheel movement so I backed it in a bit. But yes...what you have now should be fine but don't hesitate to play with it if you want to dial it in.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jkJason
WOL recommended 1/8 toe in...so that means the distance from center-center in the front is 1/8 inch less than the distance center-center in back. What you have now is correct by what WOL recommends, 1/8 inch toed in. The actual distance isn't important cuz peoples tire/wheel combo varies...what's important is the difference between the front and back of your own vehicle. You can play around with it though its super easy to adjust. I'm at like ~1/32 toe in. 1/16 toe out also felt good but I get slightly more wheel movement so I backed it in a bit. But yes...what you have now should be fine but don't hesitate to play with it if you want to dial it in.
I am just trying to fine tune things now. Im driving straight, no problems there. I feel a tad bit "flighty", really not too bad. I just does not feel as "tight" as it did when it was stock. Plus I have never driven a lifted vehicle before, probably something that I am going to have to get used to.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:48 PM
JK Freak

Generally as you increase caster you decrease the toe in. If it's flighty I'd try a turn or two of the front lower arms and a slight decrease of toe in. I found a couple of good articles on google I'll try an find them. Meantime try searching too. It's a PITA but I finally got it dialed in an couldn't be happier, I'm sure you'll feel the same.
Old 08-05-2009, 04:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jkJason
Generally as you increase caster you decrease the toe in. If it's flighty I'd try a turn or two of the front lower arms and a slight decrease of toe in. I found a couple of good articles on google I'll try an find them. Meantime try searching too. It's a PITA but I finally got it dialed in an couldn't be happier, I'm sure you'll feel the same.
I have it set to about 7 degrees. I remember that when I first got my rubi, I thought to myself, damn this thing is a little flighty. Now, I am just trying to make sure it is not in my head.
Old 08-05-2009, 04:48 AM
JK Super Freak

I sometimes feel like I am playing with a rubix cube
Old 08-05-2009, 06:21 AM
JK Super Freak

I read an article in JP magazine in June 08 where they mentioned doing toe out
Old 08-05-2009, 08:08 AM
JK Super Freak

What would decreasing the toe in feel like while driving?

Quick Reply: toe in question