Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Toe Out look

Old 05-25-2020, 08:26 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Toe Out look

Long story short, had a shop replace my upper and lower ball joints, they also did an alignment. Now that the jeep is back in the garage I swear it has a toe out, but rule of thumb is that there is suppose to be like 1/8 inch toe in. Am I just seeing things or is it normal for it to just look that way even tho its correct? I have 4 inch lift with 35's
Old 05-25-2020, 03:15 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 172 Likes on 147 Posts

The best answer will come from measuring the toe. You can do it with two straight edges and a tape measure.
Old 05-25-2020, 03:48 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,944 Likes on 1,701 Posts

Proper toe has the optical illusion of toe out IMO. I have no fenders so it's more exaggerated on my jeep. IDK if it's the way the front body rolls in a bit or what, but I know what you're talking about. That is not to say you're toe is set ideally, but if you're just talking "looks" then don't stress about it. I'd trust your alignment specs though.
Old 05-31-2020, 08:07 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It must be just me, I measured and it came out just fine. @resharp001 glad to know that I am not the only 1 that thinks a proper toe looks like a toe out.

Quick Reply: Toe Out look