Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

TJ springs on a JK

Old 02-26-2009, 02:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TJ springs on a JK

I know it seems I've been asking alot of questions on here: can you do this or how do you do that, so heres another one.

I've had lots of jeeps and race cars over the years and like any good tinkerer, I tend to be something of a pack rat. As such my garage resembles a very un-organized auto parts junk yard. Well last night I found a box that had my 3.5" RE spring from my 03 tj. I only ran this lift for about 6 months before upgrading to a 5.5" RE long arm.

So I'm looking at the springs and started thinking of my JK and wondering how different the two suspensions are. I realize there are probably significant changes in the brackets, the arms and etc... but what about the springs them selves.

Will my tj springs work on my jk? If not does anyone make an adapter kit.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:32 PM
JK Jedi Master

the front springs will work,
Old 02-26-2009, 02:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

i know nothing about anything... but the jk is about 2" higher then the tj, wouldn't the suspension be smaller on the tj? by about 2"?
Old 02-26-2009, 02:45 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by bareass
i know nothing about anything... but the jk is about 2" higher then the tj, wouldn't the suspension be smaller on the tj? by about 2"?
springs are shorter, but if you have lift springs for a TJ, they will fit the JK

Quick Reply: TJ springs on a JK