Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

TJ Coils on a JK?

Old 06-07-2009, 05:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TJ Coils on a JK?

has anyone tried using TJ coils on their JK? as long as they are the same diameters and fit in the retainers, does anyone see any problems with this? maybe they wouldnt give as much lift or as good of a ride since they might be different spring rates. if they fit, it might be a cheaper option for lifting your JK since TJ parts seem to be less expensive. just a thought, and curious if anyone else has tried it or considered it.
Old 06-07-2009, 05:07 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe there is a thread on this already. Can't remember the exact outcome, it was doable, but there were some issues.
Old 06-07-2009, 05:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i searched, but havent come up with any results. maybe im missing it?
Old 06-07-2009, 05:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I would think the spring rate would be different, specialy on a 4 door. It would sag HARD
Old 06-07-2009, 05:55 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

iI used 4" Pro Comp front coil springs that were marketed as being for a TJ. I actually got 4 3/4" of lift out of them. Only reason I'm no longer using them is because I upgraded to 6" coil springs.

The reason I went with the TJ springs was because I only got 3.5" out of a 4" Pro Comp coil spring that was marketed for a JK.

Pro Comp is the one who actually recommended this set up and it worked fine for me....

Quick Reply: TJ Coils on a JK?