Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Tires, wheels and lift???

Old 12-16-2009, 01:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wayoflife
hi tom, welcome to jk-forum

regarding your question, with the amount of combind lift you are planning to install, i might recommend that you stick with 33" tires. as far as installation of the lift goes, please, do yourself a favor and use the money that you would otherwise spend it on paying someone to do the work and buy the necessary tools to do it yourself. i can guarantee you that you will end up saving money this way AND, you will learn a lot about your jeep. here are two write-ups that will help you out with the install. the body lift should be exact and the spacer lift will be similar enough to help you through

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...ation-write-up

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...ation-write-up

This is the best advice anyone could give...

Do it yourself..You'll be glad you did..
Old 12-16-2009, 05:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I posted a similar question a while back and I followed WOL's and everyone's advice on doing the lift myself and boy, am sure glad I did. The knowledge you gain is the true value and the ability to check and repair problems yourself or at least be able to troubleshoot is invaluable. I installed a 4" lift on my driveway along with LCA's and extended brake lines and took me 2 days solid. I was also able to build up my tool set too at a fraction of the cost to pay someone else to do it. This site helped me big time. Look at the write ups on projectjk. HUGE help. Good luck!

Quick Reply: Tires, wheels and lift???