Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Tires tires tires

Old 01-21-2015, 06:46 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tires tires tires

Where's a good place to look for some new tires and any recommendations on size and brand?
Old 01-21-2015, 04:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Jmagrone
Where's a good place to look for some new tires and any recommendations on size and brand?
I'd say about 90% on this forum and most others will direct you to Discount tire or Discount tire direct.

I shopped around, found best price at Walmart and Discount Tire Direct price matched. The local discount tire will match the price too. Some got the best of both worlds, great price aka Walmart price match and incredible customer service with the actual purchase at discount.

Go discount. Nationwide support and they KNOW tires.

Sent from some string and a few tin cans.
Old 01-21-2015, 05:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CerOf
I'd say about 90% on this forum and most others will direct you to Discount tire or Discount tire direct.

I shopped around, found best price at Walmart and Discount Tire Direct price matched. The local discount tire will match the price too. Some got the best of both worlds, great price aka Walmart price match and incredible customer service with the actual purchase at discount.

Yep, and AT /DT have always treated me great no matter which store I've been to.
Old 01-21-2015, 05:34 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

You give no information on model/engine/transmission/gears/lift/fenders/use/needs/location/etc, but you want suggestions on specific tires and tire sizes...

How about 42" bias Iroks, that is the only tire and tire size that you should be looking at...

Last edited by nthinuf; 01-21-2015 at 05:36 PM.
Old 01-22-2015, 04:05 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by CerOf

ill definitely take a look and see what I can find thanx bro
Old 01-22-2015, 04:08 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by nthinuf
You give no information on model/engine/transmission/gears/lift/fenders/use/needs/location/etc, but you want suggestions on specific tires and tire sizes...

How about 42" bias Iroks, that is the only tire and tire size that you should be looking at...

idk what im really looking for yet, im just tryna get a few ideas on where other people look for their stuff so I can look for myself you know....
Old 01-22-2015, 01:25 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Give us some basics of what you are looking for or your typical use. All onroad, lots of rocks or mud, lots of long distance freeway, several months of driving on snow/ice, mpg's are more important than looks, aggressive looks are more important than mpgs. For the size recommendations, is your jeep lifted? Stock flares, chopped, flats? How much backspace is on the rims? Are you comfortable running wheel spacers?

There are a ton of choices out there, but hard for people to give advice with zero information to go on...
Old 02-11-2015, 02:42 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by nthinuf
You give no information on model/engine/transmission/gears/lift/fenders/use/needs/location/etc, but you want suggestions on specific tires and tire sizes... How about 42" bias Iroks, that is the only tire and tire size that you should be looking at...
I am also looking for some recommendations on what people have ran on their JKs.

- ideal size is 33x12.5x15 or 305/75/16
- JKU sahara 3.6L auto 3.73 gear ratio
- stock lift atm, was thinking of a 2.5" following tires.
- I'm gonna say 70% pavement to 30% trails.
- stock fenders, thinking of flat for future upgrade.

I have seen duratrac, km2, mt2, BFG and nitto thrown around the threads a lot. I live is south western ontario. So snow, rain, and it's my DD. I plan on upgrading more over the next few years to make it better equipt for trailing and spend more time wheelin. I was also thinking 35" down the road but with out a lift or spacers i don't think I can run them on a stock lift. It's always feasible to upgrade to 35" after I burn out my 33".
Old 02-11-2015, 03:10 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default id stick with 33s 285 /70 16s -17 0r somthing

no lift you dont want to go much bigger i love the nitto trail grapplers long lasting but heavy . Theres so many choices you really have to look on the forum and at photos and ask others that you like the looks of their jeep . Youl need to decide if you want your tires within the flare (fenders) or just outside depending on your preference and or laws that might effect your decision too. Dont rush just browse then buy . Its a lot of cash you want to do it right the first time .

you can get wheels with any tire you decide and mounted and balanced shipped from direct tire discount . Great place to deal through no matter where you live within the states . i was very pleased getting them there . when i had a jeep sport it changed it dramaticly
swapped them to my rubicon when i traded the sport in still wearing fabulous ! ~ 4 years later last photo my rubicon same tires
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6160.jpg
Views:	339
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	596403   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5860.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	596404   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6316.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	596405   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1039 (2).jpg
Views:	287
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	596406  

Last edited by jeepmojo; 02-11-2015 at 03:42 PM.
Old 02-15-2015, 03:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by glazier

I am also looking for some recommendations on what people have ran on their JKs.

- ideal size is 33x12.5x15 or 305/75/16
- JKU sahara 3.6L auto 3.73 gear ratio
- stock lift atm, was thinking of a 2.5" following tires.
- I'm gonna say 70% pavement to 30% trails.
- stock fenders, thinking of flat for future upgrade.

I have seen duratrac, km2, mt2, BFG and nitto thrown around the threads a lot. I live is south western ontario. So snow, rain, and it's my DD. I plan on upgrading more over the next few years to make it better equipt for trailing and spend more time wheelin. I was also thinking 35" down the road but with out a lift or spacers i don't think I can run them on a stock lift. It's always feasible to upgrade to 35" after I burn out my 33".
As much as I like the KM2 it probably is not a good choice for that far north due to its snow performance. I would probably stick with a well siped AT like the new BFG KO2, or the Nitto AT, I had a set of Goodyear all terrains on my truck in the mountains of Colorado and hated the lack of off road performance so switched to the BFG KO (their old all terrain) worked great for me in the mountains and snow.