Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Tires on stock wheels

Old 06-09-2009, 04:01 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by petenice15
The guy has 13,xxx posts. I think he knows what size rims he has.

*L* not trying to be facetious or start an argument by any means, this is just a rather common question & people forget and/or overlook that Jeep has changed some "standard" equipment around from the 07's to 08's. A Member on another thread insisted that the 17's i have arent stock sahara rims & well, that simply isnt true. They are, for an '07. for an '08+ he would have been correct on the 18's, just not for the '07's.

My 33x12.5x17 Cooper STT's are "approved" rim width of 8.5 to 11. My stock wheels are 7.5" width. Technically putting a tire on a narrower rim than designed is supposed to decrease the footprint slightly and increase or bulge the center diameter a bit (like overinflating would) I have had them on for... i think 15k miles and they are wearing perfectly, i air down occasionally and have never had a bead pop, or as far as i know even spun a tire. they measure out height wise at 32.4" on the ground. (Got in the habit of chalk marking the valve stem location on the tire to check that and never saw it move)

As the OP didnt say what year, or option package X he has, I didnt want to see someone go drop $$$$ on a set of tires, to find out they really wont work, that'd suck!
Old 06-09-2009, 06:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hohokom
Will 33 X 12.5 tires fit on the stock X wheels? I believe I would have to run a set of Spidertrex 1.5 spacers, but not sure.
If you're looking for a set of Spidertrax spacers: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-wheels-tires-113/spidertrax-spacers-alexandria-va-89357/
Old 06-09-2009, 12:51 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

35/12.5/17 Mud Grapplers (really wide for a 12.50)on stock rubi wheels @28psi w/spidertrax wheel spacers. If I air down below 15lbs I rub slightly on the frame and sway bar. I have run frequently at 10 lbs. and never had an issue.
[IMG][/IMG]

Quick Reply: Tires on stock wheels