Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

tires decision time soon

Old 05-19-2015, 09:02 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tires decision time soon

I am going to run an altered for my mix of dd and off road.
gotta pick new tires soon need to get 5 so they all match 2008 rubicon with a 4 inch ome lift auto dun du dun dun. I really don't want to re-gear. here are my thoughts so far and I would like your opinions.

I want a pretty aggressive all terrain not so loud that it screws up my daily driver needs but not so tame as to be a virtual street tire. Cost is an issue.

34 or 35? I have the room and have always wanted 35 s so I'll probably go that way, so is a lighter 35 going to be less of a drag than heavy 34? on the motor

but just might get the 34' x 10;50 BFG ko2 .............pretty expensive is anyone running these?

others in the running include

some of the coopers. st max.................. but I hear these are a very heavy tire and I have to believe that that weight is gonna contribute to the doggyness on a 08 3.8 auto

kelly safari kinda leaning this way seem pretty good may it is just adore track with a different tread?

nitto terr g2 maybe too street like maybe not read some good things about these tires.

toyo open country probably not the rough country too loud

maybe the dura tracs but i hear they have some side wall issues.

besides that what does re- gearing cost with labor?
I appreciate all your thoughts on this very weighty matter.

Quick Reply: tires decision time soon