Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Which tires to buy?

Old 05-25-2008, 01:16 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by screws
MTZ's I love mine.
I would think hard about the MTZ's. They are good on the street, but we just got back from our first wheeling trip since we put MTZ's on my wife's Jeep. She sliced the sidwall on 3 of them. Yes, I said 3 sliced sidewall on one wheeling trip. I am less than impressed with their durability.
Old 05-25-2008, 01:18 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sandra
Hi There,
Im not sure which tires to buy. Im looking to upgrade my Jeep but this time Im gonna go slow, Im thinking of getting some 33' on it, cause Im driving it mostly on the streets,so I need tires that are good on the streets and on wet pavement. And of course that have good grip during any 4x4 trail.
Please help me to decide. About wheels does anybody knows that if the KMC XD775 fits an 08,18'' Sahara?
Thank you all...
Sandra
Now if you're looking to save a few bucks, you should be able to pick up some BFG Sahara OEM takeoffs if you keep an eye on the "For Sale" board. I came close to buying a set from a guy around here, just for the future, but decided to spend the money on the Teraflex Rails instead.

We had aggreed to $350 for all five, mounted on the Sahara rims. I can't get tires from Wal-mart mounted for that price!
Old 05-25-2008, 08:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

as many have stated bfg a/t, put some 33's on my jeep yesterday wheel'd it today great traction

Quick Reply: Which tires to buy?