Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Which tires to buy?

Old 05-24-2008, 09:42 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cooper STT's

I recently put 33" Cooper SST's on and like them alot. They are a little noisy on the highway, but once they "warm up" the smooth out and calm down some. I couldn't decide either between BFG, MT ATZ's, or Nitto's, but I'm happy with my choice now.
Old 05-24-2008, 09:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you aren't planning a lot of mudding, I always found the BFG A/T's to be real well mannered street tires and the more than hold their own off road. Good tread life, good on wet road, aggressive enough for some fun time off road. A great value.

I would keep running them, if the M/T's didn't just look so dag gum good on the Jeep.
Old 05-24-2008, 11:07 AM
JK Jedi

I too use my JK as a DD so wanted something quiet but good looking and with a pretty decent tread for offroad. I decided on the 33" Bridgestone Dueler (Revo) AT. Absolutely love them. SUPER quiet and ride fantastic. On the hiway I can hardly tell that I have made the change from stock. Pretty amazing. Everybody I know that have these tires love them. You might want to check them out.
It's a tuff decision I know so Good Luck.....
Old 05-24-2008, 02:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AK4Dave
I too use my JK as a DD so wanted something quiet but good looking and with a pretty decent tread for offroad. I decided on the 33" Bridgestone Dueler (Revo) AT. Absolutely love them. SUPER quiet and ride fantastic. On the hiway I can hardly tell that I have made the change from stock. Pretty amazing. Everybody I know that have these tires love them. You might want to check them out.
It's a tuff decision I know so Good Luck.....
Does anybody know the difference between these and the stock Duelers that come on the Sahara? (They are Bridgestone Dueler RH-S ATs I believe. )

Thanks
Old 05-24-2008, 07:56 PM
JK Freak

I've seen some good comments about the Revo's too. They have a different tread pattern from the stock Bridgestone's. You can go to the Bridgestone website or another site like tirerack to see the difference.
That being said, I still prefer my MT ATZ's. The tires have a little road noise(which I like), but not so loud that's it's annoying.
I've got 285/75/16 which weigh about 15 pounds more than the factory tire. But my tire/wheel combo weighs 79 pounds which is only 8 pounds more than the factory wheel/tire combo. This is the exact weight because I took my bathroom scale out the the garage and weighed my original spare(which has never been on the ground) and my new spare.
Now I'm just waiting on my RE 2" BB to show up. I just ordered it a couple days ago from Northridge. It has already shipped and is somewhere between Oregon and Alabama now.

Old 05-24-2008, 10:09 PM
JK Newbie

Default 33's and turning radius

If you put 33's on without lift does it decrease the turning radius?
Old 05-24-2008, 10:36 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by HUNTER
Toyo Open Country M/T, surprised at how quiet they are for such an aggressive tread. They kick ass off road.
X2 on the toyo's lots of peoplel love them here in cali.
Old 05-25-2008, 04:16 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mickey Ts................
Old 05-25-2008, 06:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

BFG's.......................
Old 05-25-2008, 12:35 PM
JK Jedi

I don't know the exact difference between the Duelers that come on the Sahara and the Dueler Revos, but I know that if it doesn't say "Revo" on the tire they aren't Revos. (I just looked at the Bridgestone website and I see that the RH/S are not Revos). Mine also are the "newer?" "Uni T" design, which is actually a different way they build the tire.
Also......Altho I do plan on a TF 2.5" body lift soon, I have not lifted my Jeep (2dr Softop) yet. As far as on the road I have total turning ability and they do not rub anywhere.

Quick Reply: Which tires to buy?