Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
View Poll Results: Which tires in 35s?
Goodyear MT/R Kevlar
31.88%
KM2
36.23%
Toyo Open Country
23.19%
Mickey T's
8.70%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

which tires?

Old 07-31-2009, 07:53 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which tires?

i installed my FT lift and now it's time for tires. i want your opinion on which tires you would or have purchased. maybe explain why you picked the one you did? best prices?
Old 07-31-2009, 07:59 AM
JK Freak

I bought Toyo Open Country M/T tires for my last JK (pics in 'my ablums'), and when I lift my current one, I will buy the same ones. I got them because, after researching, I found that for big lug tires, they were the quietest on the street, easiest to balance, and had a long life when rotated regularly. I had over 10K miles on them when I got rid of my Jeep and they still looked brand new. They are a little pricey, but worth the money IMO. They also perform great in off road conditions, and they already come sipped for better wet/snow/ice traction. They also performed great on the street and in the rain.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have a set of the Open Country’s as well. They are much better on long trips than the MTs. They handle better and give better gas mileage.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:13 AM
Coy
JK Enthusiast

Default Cooper STT

More bang for the buck.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by planman

The best deal on the KM2 would be had at Costco. You have to special order them. They won't install them on your vehicle because they are oversized. You would have to carry in your wheels for them to mount and balance, and carry them out to install on your rig. It is a hassle, but for the lifetime rebalance and hazard warranty, and the lowest prices, it is worth it. They are currently running a $70 off a set of 4 deal.
Does Costco offer all sizes of KM2s?

I have looked at the website and it only lest you search by model, so you can't find alternative size tires online.
Old 07-31-2009, 10:13 AM
JK Freak

Check this...

http://www.offroaders.com/tech/AT-MT...d_Terrains.htm

Old 07-31-2009, 11:17 AM
JK Newbie

If you do go with the MT/R Kevlars, you may want to watch your sizing. Unlike most tires, a 35" MT/R Kevlar is 35" tall. Most 35" tires are more around 34", and this may be something to consider to prevent any rubbing.
Old 07-31-2009, 11:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

it depends on what type of wheeling yall do really. the MT/R Kevlars, are to stiff in soft sand and dig in, i have heard they hold up better on rocks then the km'2s.
Old 07-31-2009, 11:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have not taken mine in sand yet...but they are really good on rocks (not a whole lot of testing). They are pretty freakin good in mud considering the tread pattern is a little tight for a MT. I have before and still highly recommend this tire. Pricey! But worth it if you are serious about wanting a great tire. They are as quiet and smooth as my buddy's 35" BFG AT.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0244.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	27823
Old 08-01-2009, 07:18 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by k0vx
If you do go with the MT/R Kevlars, you may want to watch your sizing. Unlike most tires, a 35" MT/R Kevlar is 35" tall. Most 35" tires are more around 34", and this may be something to consider to prevent any rubbing.
i did read that in a recent article testing and comparing tires. i think it's between the MT/Rs and KM2s. the KM2s are $12/tire more at discount tire. i will check Costco this week, i'll be there any way for something

Quick Reply: which tires?