Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Tires....

Old 09-19-2014, 05:54 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is what im ordering
Black Daytona, 15x8 (5x5.0) 'D' Window Steel Wheel [PCW51-5873] | Rough Country Suspension Systems
with 3 3/4 backspacing

someone tell me if this is a bad choice...

know these ones fit and I like the circle
Cragar Series 397 Black Soft 8 Wheel - 15x8" - Bolt Pattern 5X5.5" - Back Spacing 4" - CRAG-3975855
Old 09-19-2014, 06:29 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JkMichigan
exo look great. But can I wait 2 weeks? lol
Yes I think you should because I'm looking for real world feedback on them haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-19-2014, 07:11 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by etl330
Yes I think you should because I'm looking for real world feedback on them haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sure. Send me the money via paypal and I will tell you these tires are almost 4 months salary for my 17 year old selves part time job haha
Old 09-19-2014, 11:23 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

This thread confuses me. You don't like the duratracs because they are too small, but you do want the km2's, which are also known to be small. You aren't going with the less aggressive duratrac because you want good mpg's, so you choose the more aggressive km2's. A more aggressive tire to get better mpg's, gotcha. And since you are young and money and is an issue, you are of course looking at the big name top dollar tires instead of any of the lower priced names on the market. Makes sense...

Maybe another 3 weeks researching would be beneficial?
Old 09-19-2014, 11:56 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by nthinuf
This thread confuses me. You don't like the duratracs because they are too small, but you do want the km2's, which are also known to be small. You aren't going with the less aggressive duratrac because you want good mpg's, so you choose the more aggressive km2's. A more aggressive tire to get better mpg's, gotcha. And since you are young and money and is an issue, you are of course looking at the big name top dollar tires instead of any of the lower priced names on the market. Makes sense...

Maybe another 3 weeks researching would be beneficial?
We are just throwing ideas around.
Old 09-19-2014, 12:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JkMichigan
Im stuck, After getting my jeep and researching for almost 3 weeks on what tires to get I have decided against the Duratracs because the load rating. Some say its fine other say its not. Also it seems as they measure alot smaller than 35s and acuttaly like a 33 not even a 34 in which I expect. Anyone running any other tires similar to duratracs. I liked the duratracs because of the weight so I can get ok mpg. (when your 17 every mpg counts lol)

Any recommendations for a 35 that is not extremely pricey, and gets ok mpg.

Km2's on the list. Anyone have anything negative about those?
I also wanted the duratracs however when I was finally able to afford them they were not available so I went with the Kelly Safari TSRs. A lot cheaper that the Duratracs and they are actually a sister tire... have used them in mud and sand with no issues... hope this helps...

I got mine from here...

TreadDepot.com: Kelly Safari TSR Tires

Good Luck!
Old 09-19-2014, 12:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I looked into getting Duratracs at Discount Tire. They told me they have soft rubber and would not wear well in hot AZ where I live. I like them but took them off my list. Can anyone confirm this?
Old 09-19-2014, 01:18 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

For what it's worth, the KM2 has been at the top of my list for many years now. I just really like the look of that tire compared to others. But, since I have a hard time paying top dollar for the big names, I have gone with less expensive options for my last 3 sets.

295/75/16 (33") Nitto Terra Grappler - $100 less than km2
315/75/16 (35") Maxxis Bighorn - $100 less than km2
325/80/16 (37") Falken Rocky Mountain - $110 less than km2

All have been good tires, and all saved me $500+ compared to the ones I was trying to talk myself up in to. (I know that you can't really compare the two AT's in my list to the km2, but ya know...)

Anyway, you might look at a few of the lower cost options out there to see if any would fit your needs. There are certainly plenty of "which tires should I get?" threads on this site to read through for opionions.
Old 09-19-2014, 01:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by azyjjk
I looked into getting Duratracs at Discount Tire. They told me they have soft rubber and would not wear well in hot AZ where I live. I like them but took them off my list. Can anyone confirm this?
Considering that they are a winter-rated tire, they are probably softer than most.
Old 09-19-2014, 01:47 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

These won't fit a JK

Steel 15's in general are hit or miss, even with a very low backspace. There was a post a few years back where one person ran 15's with no issues, sold them to another member, and 2 of the 4 rims rubbed on that JK. Just differences in the machining of both the wheel and the specific calipers on each JK. Some people have ordered one wheel, then test fit it on all four corners before ordering the rest.

One of the many 15" threads, including a list of rims DTD guarantees will fit.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/spon...wheels-120933/

Quick Reply: Tires....