Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Tires

Old 11-11-2009, 02:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tires

I'm currently running 17 inch procomp wheels with Mickey Thompson MTZ 35's. 12.50 width. I might upgrade to XD Series Rockstar 18 inch wheels and stick with the Mickey MTZ's, however go with a 13.50 width tire. Ive seen it before and I have Bushwacker flares. What do you guys think of the wider tire?
Old 11-11-2009, 02:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wondering what your going to do with your mtz?
Old 11-11-2009, 03:09 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have always had good performance with ATZs and MTZs and I really like the wide 13.5" tires they offer, but I mostly tour dust holes, sand pits and wadis so I need floatation.
If you plan on mudding, MT tires have a wide footprint as it is and when you go to an even wider thread, IMO it becomes counterproductive to driving through mud
because you get too much flotation.

Going to 18" wheel looks cool but even with 35" tires the beads can get torn up pretty easily when you air down, so you may want to stick with the 17s if you are
going to air down.

If it is just for looks, that is a great combo.

Quick Reply: Tires