Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Tire and Wheel Help

Old 01-19-2011, 08:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine are 4", but I run a tall skinny tire so I really didn't need a change there. With the 305 tire a 4" to 4.5" would be good. As far as lift, the height of the tire isn't the big issue as much as the width. 33s should clear with no lift. You could always cut the flares or put on some flat flares (Bushwacker or Xenon) and still fit 35s with no lift.

If I do lift, it'll be an OME lift. It'll be a light duty version to limit the height and definitely won't happen until I get 35s and put all the armor on. That'll be more for flex than anything. Right now I cancelled out the 2" of height from the tire upgrade by changing the rims, effectively increasing the track by 4". She's nice and stable.

On a side note, Jeep is still selling the Sport model with the 16" steel rims according to their site. The Sport S models get the 17" alum. So you shouldn't have an issue.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:33 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mdnky
Mine are 4", but I run a tall skinny tire so I really didn't need a change there. With the 305 tire a 4" to 4.5" would be good. As far as lift, the height of the tire isn't the big issue as much as the width. 33s should clear with no lift. You could always cut the flares or put on some flat flares (Bushwacker or Xenon) and still fit 35s with no lift.

If I do lift, it'll be an OME lift. It'll be a light duty version to limit the height and definitely won't happen until I get 35s and put all the armor on. That'll be more for flex than anything. Right now I cancelled out the 2" of height from the tire upgrade by changing the rims, effectively increasing the track by 4". She's nice and stable.

On a side note, Jeep is still selling the Sport model with the 16" steel rims according to their site. The Sport S models get the 17" alum. So you shouldn't have an issue.
Good to know. I knew I was just getting paranoid.

Quick Reply: Tire and Wheel Help