Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Tire and Wheel Dilema

Old 12-29-2009, 05:13 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire and Wheel Dilema

This will not be an original question or debate but I am struggling with a few items. I recently purchased 2010 Wrangler Sahara in Charcoal. I want to replace the existing tires and wheels with 17" 7005 Black Pro Comp Rims. I plan on installing a Teraflex leveling kit and want to go with approximately 33" tires. Here are the questions: I do not want the tires to stick out way beyond the wells so do I need to go with a 10.5 or will the 12.5 fit? I also would like recommendations on tires that looks somewhat aggressive but ride well on the road and highway. I have to use this as a daily driver and use it to shuttle customers as well. Any recommendations on suppliers for the rims and tires would be appreciated as well. I prefer to give the business to someone that has helped and been active with the forum. Feel free to shoot holes in my ideas above. Thanks in advance. This forum has been great. The information is priceless.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:22 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you run a wheel with about 4.5" backspacing and a good width of about 8 inches, your tires should not stick out too far at all.

The best place to look is in the JK "Show and Tell" thread here on JK-Forum.com.
Old 12-30-2009, 03:45 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Here are a few pictures of my rig. Look at my signature for what I've got. It's in the range of what you're considering ...

For AT tires, I think they offer a pretty good compromise between good daily driver manners and aggressive appearance ...

Photo by HighRlr

Last edited by Mark Doiron; 12-30-2009 at 03:48 AM.
Old 12-30-2009, 06:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

These are the wheels I had pre lift. They were 16x8 rims with 4.5" backspacing, Kuhmo AT tires 285/75/16. These tires wore good, great DD for offroading, and are reasonably priced. They also sat flush with the fenders.

Quick Reply: Tire and Wheel Dilema