Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Tire wear

Old 10-21-2011, 08:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire wear

Have a 2009 JKU with full traction lift and front lower adj. CA's. Still running the stock rubi wheels/tires. Have about 24k miles on them now. I've been trying to be good about doing a 5 tire rotation every 6 thousand miles but a couple of my tires seem to be wearing more than the others. Question is does anyone know under normal driving conditions (I.e. mostly city and some freeway) which tire position gets the most wear? I initially thought the rears but sure seems like my fronts are wearing faster.

Any input appreciated!
Old 10-21-2011, 10:11 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Seems to me like fronts are always going to wear faster... they are turning and moving far more than the static rear wheels. If you're doing regular 5 tire rotation it shouldn't really matter.

Quick Reply: Tire wear