Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Tire/Suspension FINAL DECISION!!!

Old 10-22-2010, 10:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tire/Suspension FINAL DECISION!!!

It's finally time to pull the trigger! I've decided on 33"s, on 16" wheels. Most likely BFG A/T's. I've had these on other vehicles and they've always exceeded my expectations. As of now, I'm going with the Teraflex 2.5" BB with shocks. My '08 JKU is 90% daily driver so i'm not going too big with it. I still want to be able to hit the trails and I love the bigger tire, lifted look, but highway performance is important.
I'd love some feedback from anyone running this combo, and of course pics are always appreciated! And if anyone feels this is a bad combo or knows of any problems I'll run in to, by all means let me know. Otherwise, I gotta get this stuff done now!!!

Show me those 33's!!!
Old 10-22-2010, 05:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

WOW! apparently no one has 33's

Let me try this:
As I'm sure this question of tire/suspension combo has been discussed on here more than a few times, perhaps some one could direct me to one such thread and I'll keep my newbie questions to myself for a while
Old 10-22-2010, 06:40 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am currently have the TF 2.5" suspension lift w/ shocks installed. I have been running it on the stock 32" tires and 18" wheels for the past month now. Tuesday I will be picking up my new wheels and tires. I have opted for 35" tires, 33" tires for me would by far be unnoticeable for me. I went with the BF Goodrich KO A/Ts. The wheels are 16" Unique 297 I believe, the exact same as the cragar soft 8s just not the brand name therefore a little better price.

Your situation seems very similar to mine. My JKU is by far a daily driver. Hence my decision to go with the ATs (they will last you longer that Muds if you're primarily on the road). I am going for a more aggressive look, and it's a Jeep, you have to make it your own! Plus putting a lift and bigger tires leaves the door open for some good fun in the mud when you are in the mood.

Here are some pics
Before:

After:

I will post pics after I get the wheels and tires this next week.
I love the set up, wouldn't trade it for anything else! The lift was easy to install. I posted some comments to the install if you search through my threads.

Feel free to ask any questions.
Old 10-22-2010, 06:57 PM
JK Newbie

I don't have pics to show right now, but I'm running 285/75r16' Cooper STT's, great tire on OME Light duty lift, got 2.5". Tires are agressive like an M/T, sipped like an A/T, and priced pretty good. Only down side is that that size is a load D, if you go 33/12.5 r15 you could probably get a load C which will help in highway driving.

I'll try to post up pics tomorrow.
Old 10-22-2010, 07:01 PM
JK Super Freak

there isn't much to a 2.5" bb, the ride stays basically the same as stock, so you'll ride just fine

as for "show your 33's" there is an entire thread on it (97 pages long), may people with 2.5" bb's

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...Show-your-33-s

hope that helps
Old 10-23-2010, 09:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

All very helpful info! Thanks everyone! That thread is exactly what I needed
Old 10-30-2010, 02:37 PM
JK Newbie

Old 10-30-2010, 05:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Should go with 35s. You wont regret it!
Old 10-30-2010, 05:36 PM
JK Newbie

You will be happy with BB. Stay with 33's good choice...
Old 10-30-2010, 09:50 PM
JK Freak

Another option is a leveling kit.

Quick Reply: Tire/Suspension FINAL DECISION!!!