Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Tire suggestions for a stock X with pizza cutters?

Old 02-18-2011, 03:10 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zking1776
Seeing as you're in NY I might recommend something other then M/T's because they are not great in the snow and ice.
This is a really good point. The only option is sipping the mud tires or buying a MT that is geared that war like the goodyear km2
Old 02-18-2011, 01:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by zking1776
I went with 265/75's on my stock 16" steelies. I don't think 285's would fit the rim regardless of spacers or not. I had to re-assure the tire guy that 265's would fit. I got 4 Goodyear Silent Armors put on for less then $700. Seeing as you're in NY I might recommend something other then M/T's because they are not great in the snow and ice.
Really? My brother used to have a set of Goodyear Workhorses on his '78 Chevy truck and they were better in the snow than my BF Goodrich T/A KO's.

I was running General Grabber AT2's on my Liberty that I just traded in. Those were alright in the snow, but nothing great. They were very reasonably priced and wore very well.

Last edited by OscarTheJeep; 02-18-2011 at 01:32 PM.
Old 02-19-2011, 04:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

The Firestone Destination M/T's are a much more aggressive mud tire then the Workhorses. In general M/T's are not great for snow but I did some digging and came up with some reviews (offroaders.com ..ect) that claim the Destinations are great in the snow. They are a good looking tire and go for em if you like em. I'm convinced it comes down to how you drive in the snow not what you drive in the snow. If you're an avid snow driver, it won't matter what shoes are on your Jeep.

Quick Reply: Tire suggestions for a stock X with pizza cutters?