Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

tire size with chopped fenders or bushwacker flat fenders

Old 05-26-2010, 06:44 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tire size with chopped fenders or bushwacker flat fenders

how much larger of a tire can you run if you chop the factory fenders or install the bushwacker flat fenders? If I was running 35's with no problem could I jump up to 37's or are there more clearence issues besides the fenders? Thanks for the info!
Old 05-26-2010, 06:45 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

depending on how much lift you have now, yes, probably a 37 but, you will still need to do some trimming to the pinch seam.
Old 05-26-2010, 07:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had my 35's on my jeep before I put the lift on. I chopped the front fenders to make it work. I didn't chop the rear until about 3 weeks ago...worked out great. I didn't go off road with it though cuz I only had it like that for about a week before I put my lift on. I have pics in my album under "the project" if you want to see what it looked like.

Last edited by VaNomad0530; 05-26-2010 at 07:16 AM. Reason: wrong folder name

Quick Reply: tire size with chopped fenders or bushwacker flat fenders