Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Tire siping tool

Old 12-07-2009, 02:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tire siping tool

anyone here have experience with any of the tire siping tools? which one, if any, works the best? looks like they are around 200 bucks. who here has had their M/Ts siped? was it worth the money, where did you get it done?, price?, what tire are you running?
Old 12-07-2009, 02:19 PM
JK Junkie

With a lot of time and patience. A exacto knife and a heat gun works fine. Just takes a LOT of time and it is risky. It took me 10 hours to sipe my old TSL center lugs lol. I just made V cuts down the tread lugs.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:22 PM
JK Jedi

Actually got my Stock Sahara Dueller A/T's siped by my local tire shop. These tires and rims are my dedicated winter wheels. I got all 5 done for $20/tire CDN. It is well worth it, it has helped with snow and ice traction for stopping and starting almost as good as my True M&S tires I have on my Truck!

Stipulation for siping is you must have at least 50% of the original tire tread remaining for a tire shop to do.
Old 12-07-2009, 05:53 PM
JK Junkie

Try these guys. I've used this on two sets of tires now. Just be sure to order some extra blades. Takes about 10-15 minutes per tire.
ht tp://www.pmzracingproducts.com/tire_groover_1.html
Oh yeah, and wear some gloves. Brain farts hurt real bad with these.
Old 12-07-2009, 05:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you hit gravel roads or wheel around rocks you don't want to sipe as it will chunk out the tires
Old 12-07-2009, 06:49 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by piaa_nissan
If you hit gravel roads or wheel around rocks you don't want to sipe as it will chunk out the tires
A little chunking on rocks....I think it's worth it to have better traction on snow and ice...JMHO.

Quick Reply: Tire siping tool