Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Tire shop can't balance 35" KM2s?

Old 08-30-2010, 07:33 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Claydigger
What should Road Force balancing run per tire?
I called three local tire shops and one autodealership that were listed on the site for GSP9700.
First place said "Road what balancing?" and I said never mind.
Both the dealership and one tire shop quoted $15 per tire.
The other shop said $40 per tire to do it right. He said he was the only one around that matched the tires to the rims and it was very labor and time intensive.
I thought the whole point of the RFB was to match the rim to the tire before adding weight. Does this mean the other shops have the equipment and don't know how to properly use it?
I paid $25 per tire for a roadforce balance. A lot of tire shops that have them don't have employees that know how to use them, or you need to find the guy in your shop who does. It can be time consuming, and $40 isn't that far out of line.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:55 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I paid ~$75 to have 5 32" KM's mounted with new valve stems and roadforce balanced onto new wheels. This was at a small independant shop, not a dealership.
Old 02-15-2021, 09:29 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super Glue you got to hand it to the installer

Originally Posted by wvhasty
I can't even begin to count how many of those stick on weights I have thrown.
Super Glue!!

Quick Reply: Tire shop can't balance 35" KM2s?