Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Tire Selection Process

Old 03-06-2013, 01:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Used to run Armsrong Norseman Radials when I was a kid (Same tread pattern as the FC). They were a great AT but back then no one was really rock crawling much yet so I dont know how theyd do for that. They were ok for mud and great in the sand, dirt and snow though.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:42 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JKPhoto
I'm currently running BFG ATs 285/70/17. They have been fine but looking for something more aggressive and a bit larger.

Toyo MTs are on my list as well 285/75/17s but I like the look of the Dick Cepek tires but don't know much about them.
Not sure what you're looking for... I don't see 285/75/17 on the Dick Cepek tire list.
Link - Dick Cepek Tires & Wheels

Compared to Dick Cepek, the BFG ATs look less agressive, the Mickey Thompson MTZ look a bit more aggressive.

The lack of feedback on the Dick Cepek makes me wonder...

Quick Reply: Tire Selection Process