Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Tire rubs but shouldn't help please

Old 02-21-2013, 12:59 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I'm hoping its not any of the suspension that's being rubbed the tires are only 11.5 inches wide here's hoping its just plastic stuff. Lol ill be looking later this afternoon ill post back anything I find. If I don't see anything I'll put chalk on the tires and do a little rub and see where the chalk came off.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:04 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update to all u may want to know. After work I looked at the jeep and had a friend check out the tire as I turned the wheel and nothing. Only the air dam looked close so I drove around the parking lot slow and nothing. Then I backed up and when I turner full right there it was the rubbing noise. So my buddy looked at it while I slowly let off the breaks and yup it's the air dam. But only when I have the wheel turned full right won't do it left and the lugs on the tire actually lift the dam a bit then drop it back down. So problem solved with a bit of light dremeling.

Also no body wants to add to the procal question. Worth it or not with my setup?
Old 02-21-2013, 04:50 AM
Ncb
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Orion_2280
Update to all u may want to know. After work I looked at the jeep and had a friend check out the tire as I turned the wheel and nothing. Only the air dam looked close so I drove around the parking lot slow and nothing. Then I backed up and when I turner full right there it was the rubbing noise. So my buddy looked at it while I slowly let off the breaks and yup it's the air dam. But only when I have the wheel turned full right won't do it left and the lugs on the tire actually lift the dam a bit then drop it back down. So problem solved with a bit of light dremeling.

Also no body wants to add to the procal question. Worth it or not with my setup?
I think the Procal is worth the money. It's not much more than paying a dealership to program the new tire size. It will get the odometer corrected so you don't have any warranty issues.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:55 AM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Orion_2280

A procal is always a good buy
Old 02-21-2013, 05:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

You're probably off a couple miles an hour. I wouldn't worry about it.

Quick Reply: Tire rubs but shouldn't help please