Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Tire rotation.

Old 08-28-2012, 01:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hanzo
Thanks Rooster for all the info. I'm definitely going to start using this method. And No it's not ok to jack off the rear differential!!!! Had to throw that out there.
Agreed! No jacking off the diff! The wife may get jealous!........
; )
Old 08-28-2012, 02:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking Who am I to tell you were to jack off

Originally Posted by Hanzo
Thanks Rooster for all the info. I'm definitely going to start using this method. And No it's not ok to jack off the rear differential!!!! Had to throw that out there.
I edited my post to more clarify what I was talking about. You still may not agree
It's OK to use a floor jack off the differential casing to get the floor jack stands in place.
I wouldn't use the emergency scissor jack for maintenance. The owner manual also says not to use it unless it is an emergency because they have stability issues. In the owner manual when talking about emergency tire changes it states to go under the axles, under the coils. That is the safest/strongest location. Based off what I have read I personally feel very safe using the differentials to get the jack stands in and save a minute. That said I would always use your best judgement where you want to jack off .
Old 08-28-2012, 02:28 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire rotation

AHH just another thread that gets the water muddy. If someone wants to save his virgin spare why doen't he just get a space saver spare? Rotate all 5, it couldn't hurt anything and may end up saving drivetrain parts.

Quick Reply: Tire rotation.