Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

tire rotation

Old 06-17-2012, 12:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default tire rotation

So tomorrow im supposed to be getting my new spidertrax 1.5" spacers & I decided I might as well start doing my tire rotations myself now so I can check the torque on the bolts. I just need some help with how to get my jeep in the air to rotate the tires. Ill be doing a 4 tire rotation as my spare is patched & only good to get me short distances. So I have 2 jack stands with 4 ton limits the stock jack & a 48" hi-lift. How would I go about using these to rotate my tires? Also my jeep has a 4" lift with 33.5" tires
Old 06-17-2012, 12:21 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Without lifting the entire Jeep up, might have to use the spare as a place holder as you jack up each corner. I would probably go pick up another set of jack stands and make it easier. Another reason I like the 5-tire rotation but I can understand if your spare is patched up.

What pattern are you using?
Old 06-17-2012, 12:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by afpilot82
Without lifting the entire Jeep up, might have to use the spare as a place holder as you jack up each corner. I would probably go pick up another set of jack stands and make it easier. Another reason I like the 5-tire rotation but I can understand if your spare is patched up.

What pattern are you using?
Pattern as is rotation pattern. Im going to do the backs across the fronts straight back
Old 06-17-2012, 12:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I concur, if you can get another set of jack stands that would be a lot easier.
Old 06-17-2012, 06:56 PM
JK Super Freak

I think this first time ill just use my spare to help rotate then ill get 2 more jack stands. Next challenge doing all this in my little garage

Quick Reply: tire rotation