Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

tire rotation

Old 12-07-2009, 04:49 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tire rotation

Pre problem handling....Zero.. Jeep rolls down the road like a champ handles perfect. Tires balanced and alignment is correct. Tires show even wear and very happy with jeep.

current problem....rotated tires after 2500 miles and jeep still handles great unless I travel a certain portion of this blacktopped roadway thats grooved from years of heavy semis running over it. The jeep wants to wonder back and forth something fierce.

I had zero issues before the rotation but now its acting like a completly different Jeep.

This is how I rotated the tires.. right front switched with left rear....left front with right rear. I know this is not ideal for a correct rotation but could this be my problem..I noticed the handling problem as soon as I drove down that grooved roadway. Took it the place that balanced my tires and got the now front tires rebalanced and still having the drifting problem.

Help

Spec for my jeep
315/70/17 Mickey M/T
3 inch lift
Old 12-07-2009, 05:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check Draglink, track bar & tie bar bolts with a wrench.

If they are tight, get your current front tires rebalanced with a Road Force balancer.

(Some tire shops don't use Road Force balancers, and it's more accurate)

---edit tie bar/ track bar---

Last edited by meatsandwich; 12-07-2009 at 05:14 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 05:42 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by meatsandwich
Check Draglink, track bar & tie bar bolts with a wrench.

If they are tight, get your current front tires rebalanced with a Road Force balancer.

(Some tire shops don't use Road Force balancers, and it's more accurate)

---edit tie bar/ track bar---
The problem you describe seems more akin to faulty parts like the ones listed above, but it can be caused by wheel balance.

If the only problem is your tire rotation, then one (or more) of tires are unbalanced or out of round.

Find a shop that can "dynamically" balance your size tire.

Some shops only have a machine big enough to handle car tires, but they don't tell you.

Make sure they do it the right way by removing all weights and then rebalancing.
Pay attention if any tires (particularly) the spare requires a lot more weight than the others.

Quick Reply: tire rotation