Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

tire reviews

Old 02-01-2012, 07:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why nobody speaks about maxxis here?
I'm on my second set of maxxis tires... The first was a creepycrawler and now I'm riding trepador. Both 35x12,5...

Just a curiosity...
Old 02-01-2012, 08:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RubiconGeoff
The number one problem with the Nitto's is their lack of adequate siping for even wear and adequate traction in wet, snowy, or icy conditions.
What does siping have to do with even wear of a tire? My KM's (stock Rubicon) wore true and they had no siping, which is less even than Nitto.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:30 AM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default wayoflife has the right advise i believe in prior post!

Attachment 272980side wall rated e on trail grapplers are pretty much bullet proof
and yes heavy , but worth the weight offset ) over dura trac having
a soft side wall in my opinion ! they wear and ballanced well and not loud yet very aggressive tread ! but expect a bit of a hit on gas milage along with that ! its all in what your willing to give up !

Attachment 272977 worth noting what my jeep is parked on sheer ice ! however lockers are worth thier weight too (nittos are fine on wet or ice even though no tire is great on ice ! gotta love the people who havent even used a product yet posts on the subject ! its like the people who give opinion about a 2012 jk and they dont own one ! its ridiculous

Last edited by jeepmojo; 02-01-2012 at 08:54 AM.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:29 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jjntj2003
33-12.50-17 mudd grapplers any opinions?
LOUD!!!!!!!!!! but do the job
Old 02-01-2012, 11:57 AM
JK Newbie

I am running 37 trail grapplers on my Jku daily driver. I think it's a great tire on the road for what it is.... An M/T. There is a small rumble when coming to a stop and at take off but I think it's kinda cool. When I take it offload it does great(mostly light trails) the weather here in east tennessee doesn't get too harsh but with the rain and light snow I've has no issues to speak of. Fwiw I think it's the best looking tire of your choices, and regardless of what some may say on this forum , I think looks are just as important as performance when it comes to making a large investment. Anyway. I think you can't go wrong with this tire , especially in a 37
Old 02-01-2012, 05:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jjntj2003
Who did you order from? Price? Size?

Kelley and Dunlop are subsidaries of Goodyear, Goodyear used to make the Fierce for a short time before it was passed down. I found them online for $222 a tire and went to the local Goodyear retailer who quoted me nearly $300 per tire, once I told them the price I could order them for they came down to within $5 per tire, which was good enough for my business.
Old 02-17-2012, 03:59 PM
JK Newbie

What I found out with the Goodyear retailers is, at least here in NJ they have price match, it was a poster they have in their store window not to noticable but I always read the fine print. I just ordered a set of Dura Tracs from them, they told me $311 a piece for 285/70R17 . I told them I found it online for $257 they matched it no questions asked! Of course that $257 didnt include the shipping charge, but I wasnt going to say anything!!! Lets just hope when I go to get them the
Old 02-17-2012, 05:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm running Goodyear Dura Trac's and I am very happy with the overall performance. They are very quiet on road as well.
Old 02-17-2012, 05:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BFG KM2's FOR THE WIN!!
Old 02-17-2012, 08:27 PM
JK Freak

I don't see anyone talking about Dick Cepek Crusher tires. Anyone have an opinion on these? They certainly look bad ass and capable.

Quick Reply: tire reviews