Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

tire reviews

Old 01-31-2012, 08:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jjntj2003
Ok here's the deal. According to that site the fierce attitudes are made by goodyear but I thought they were by Kelley? Are Goodyear and Kelley owned by the same company? If so wouldn't they be compatible to the duratracs?

So far found them
Listed by

Dunlop
Goodyear
Kelley

Who actually makes them?
From what I can figure out, through the power of conglomeration, they are all really Goodyear. I think the Fierce brand, geared to younger audiences, started as a Goodyear tire and trickled down through their subsidiaries such as Dunlop and now Kelly Tire.

Btw i'm just waiting for my Fierce order to come in.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:06 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CBrNoMore

From what I can figure out, through the power of conglomeration, they are all really Goodyear. I think the Fierce brand, geared to younger audiences, started as a Goodyear tire and trickled down through their subsidiaries such as Dunlop and now Kelly Tire.

Btw i'm just waiting for my Fierce order to come in.
Who did you order from? Price? Size?
Old 01-31-2012, 09:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

fwiw I've had the dynapro on a 1/2 ton and have nothing bad to say about them.
Same use as you described.... daily driver, fire trails and mud.

When looking for a dd for the Jeep I narrowed my choices down to Duratrac and Crushers.

Last edited by Langhorne; 01-31-2012 at 09:22 PM.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:43 PM
JK Freak

I only have experienced the stock BFG KM1's and my Trail Grapplers, but the Nittos give me confidence every time I go offroad. Even recently while going up a nasty icy hill, the Nittos just cruised right up! They don't seem too noisy either, but it is a Jeep so I don't really care about noise.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Who did you order from? Price? Size?
I'm up in Toronto, Canada. When I asked around at some dealers about Fierce, they just had a blank look in their faces. It's actually funny to see how some are so set in their ways and do not keep up to date. Change is inevitable. Anyway back to it... I came across a chain called Fountain Tire that sells Kelly Tires and they had a dealer not too far from me.

I ordered 5 35"x12.5"x17". After some (not much) negotiation, I paid $1630 CAD with taxes and installation. This is because A) Canadians usually pay more than Americans for the same product. And B) I should have done a better job at haggling, but I just wanted those damn tires so bad.

It works out to $326 per tire, but they will mount them on my stock rims and spacers without a fuss. I know the tires can be had for a much better price. but hey, I'm getting some mean tires on my JK and I'm stoked. Isn't that what it's all about?
Old 02-01-2012, 04:20 AM
JK Freak

Either tire I choose as long as I get 285-70-17 with my 2" lift I'll be fine on my stock moabs right?
Old 02-01-2012, 04:26 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by f3arn0FJ
I know they do not look very aggressive but I will be putting these on all my light duty off-road car/truck/Jeeps. Very little road noise, we couldn't (we tried pretty dang hard too) get stuck in my brother's stock WJ in a river bed filled with water, they work great in the snow (couldn't get stuck again) and they seem to wear very well. He's at 25k miles on them now and they still look great.

Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor

http://www.americastire.com/dtcs/fin...=CALINT&cs=285
X2 I ran the silent Armors for over 2 1/2 years and its a daily driver wear very nicly and almost no road noise. Just make sure you rotate every 5000 miles. I can also attest to how great they are in the snow, never been stuck in them On or off road
Old 02-01-2012, 04:58 AM
JK Freak

I'm running the Yokohama geolander. My second set. Quiet on the street but very capable on the trail.
Old 02-01-2012, 05:17 AM
JK Freak

33-12.50-17 mudd grapplers any opinions?
Old 02-01-2012, 06:02 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

33-12.50-17 mudd grapplers any opinions?
awesome tire on the trail, looks great too but, loud as hell on pavement. i think they're cool and would totally run a set but, they aren't for everyone.

Quick Reply: tire reviews