Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

tire reviews

Old 01-31-2012, 01:25 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tire reviews

is there any good websites for tire reviews? i'm so tired of tire shopping so looking for reviews to help in the decision making. also any input from you guys is appreciated . not a lot of offroading, mostly mud when i do, very little rock, and it is my daily driver.

i have narrowed it down to 4 tires all in 285-70-17 size # indicates my choices in order.
nitto tera grapplers #4
nitto trail grapplers #3
hankook dynapro m/t #2
kelly fierce attitude m/t #1
Old 01-31-2012, 01:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jjntj2003
is there any good websites for tire reviews? i'm so tired of tire shopping so looking for reviews to help in the decision making. also any input from you guys is appreciated . not a lot of offroading, mostly mud when i do, very little rock, and it is my daily driver.

i have narrowed it down to 4 tires all in 285-70-17 size # indicates my choices in order.
nitto tera grapplers #4
nitto trail grapplers #3
hankook dynapro m/t #2
Look at the Geo Lander m/t, it is great on the road with the center channel and great off-road. sorry to add another option but I love mine.
Old 01-31-2012, 02:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

I know they do not look very aggressive but I will be putting these on all my light duty off-road car/truck/Jeeps. Very little road noise, we couldn't (we tried pretty dang hard too) get stuck in my brother's stock WJ in a river bed filled with water, they work great in the snow (couldn't get stuck again) and they seem to wear very well. He's at 25k miles on them now and they still look great.

Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor

http://www.americastire.com/dtcs/fin...=CALINT&cs=285
Old 01-31-2012, 02:13 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by jjntj2003

nitto tera grapplers #4
nitto trail grapplers #3
hankook dynapro m/t #2
of your choices, i personally would go with the nitto trail grapplers. outstanding tire, balances really well, nice on pavement, good tread life and great on the trail
Old 01-31-2012, 02:15 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

jp magazine had a review of tires this month and gave the trail grapplers good marks... I don't have it in front of me but they were almost as good as the duratracs I believe.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nitto's are very heavy and very expensive.

If you don't have your heart set on them, you might want to consider the Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac and the Treadwright Guard Dog - they're both fantastic all-around tires that will save you a lot of money compared to some of the blingin' tires people here tend to choose.

Of the choices you listed, I'd go with the Fierce Attitude. Stupid name, but good all-around performance.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:33 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am getting 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers on my Jeep but my son has Kelly Fierce Attitudes on his F150 and goes four wheeing every weekend. He loves them!! They have good on-road characteristics as well.

Trending Topics

Old 01-31-2012, 05:36 PM
JK Freak

Nitto Trail Grapplers. I just canceled my order for 37" KM2's and ordered the 37" Trail Grapplers instead. Heard nothing but good things about them
Old 01-31-2012, 05:39 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by RubiconGeoff
Nitto's are very heavy and very expensive.
they may be heavy but that's because their sidewalls are practically bullet proof. for me, i'd rather have that then a lightweight tire that'll leave me high and dry on the trail. but, that's just me.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:42 PM
JK Freak

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

when i buy passenger car tires i look at a tire survey on one of the major online tire stores. they have a survey on max traction off road as well. but i think the experience here is probably the best way to review.

Quick Reply: tire reviews