Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Tire Question Please Help

Old 02-22-2011, 03:45 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire Question Please Help

i know there are many threads regarding tires but i cant seem to pinpoint the answer im looking for so Please Help im a noob

i have 09 rubicon with stock 17" rims. i want to keep the same rims and dont want to spend alot on a lift. the car is my daily driver but i do go off roading a bit but nothing too extreme

so from what i get is alot of people run 285/70/17 on stock rims with Spidertraxx spacers and only experience minor rubbing on full turn or articulation...is this correct? would it be a good idea to aslo add a leveling kit?

now what if i wanted to go with 295/70/17. would i be ok with only wheel spacers or would i also need a leveling kit? which would be better?

thanks for the help alot of details and pictures would be greatly appreciated

thanks again

Quick Reply: Tire Question Please Help