Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Tire pressures

Old 02-25-2014, 08:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire pressures

So my lift came in today and my wheels will be here tomorrow! I purchased 17" AEV Savegre wheels in black and in the description it said they are compatible with TPMS.. As far as the stock wheels go on my JK right now, they don't seem to have sensors in the wheels just rubber valve stems so how am I supposed to set up the TPMS with my new wheels? Any advise?
Old 02-25-2014, 08:19 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just to be clear, do you have TPMS in the vehicle (any type of readout)? The newer TPMS sensors use the standard rubber valve. If you have pulled the tire, you'd know if it had sensors though.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:28 AM
-

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Good Call Invest2m4

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
Just to be clear, do you have TPMS in the vehicle (any type of readout)? The newer TPMS sensors use the standard rubber valve. If you have pulled the tire, you'd know if it had sensors though.
Here this Might help also. (visually)

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tirete...jsp?techid=152
Old 02-25-2014, 08:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

I haven't dismounted my old tires yet, but judging by the outside they are rubber.. And as far as a readout goes I do have a tire warning light which comes on for about 10 seconds every time I turn my headlights on (installed HIDS) .. I just want to know the easiest way to take care of the light with aftermarket rims on..
Old 02-25-2014, 08:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JeepWranglerNation
Here this Might help also. (visually) http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tirete...jsp?techid=152
ohh so even if it looks rubber on the outside, there's a chance there is a sensor on the inside?
Old 02-25-2014, 08:40 AM
JK Junkie

All new vehicles under 10,000lbs are required to have them from the factory. You have them.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:40 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just looked at your profile. If you have a 2014, then you have TPMS. Your valves will be rubber, like any standard valve. You have a few options:

1. Don't use TPMS anymore (you'll need a Procal to shut it off, but you need it anyway if you are going with bigger tires, so you can calibrate the speedo).

2. Have a tire shop pull the sensors from your current wheels (they can do it by just breaking the bead). Then you just need to buy new rubber valves that accept the sensor. I just did this with my beadlocks. Belle Tire sold me 5 new valves or $15.

3. Buy new sensors. Probably the most expensive option. On a 2014, you may be closer to $200 for a set of 5. I honestly have not looked.

Somewhere in your info center in your Jeep, it should actually tell you how much pressure is in each tire. Personally, I like the convenience.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:42 AM
-

Default Correct..

Found this out when I swapped tires.. He swapped spare has the rubber valve stem where at all the other tires had the metal stems, Had merchants tire check this out for me.
However, The only thing I was able to locate was many jeep wrangler owners are use a Procal or superchip system to set their TPMS to ( 0 )
Old 02-25-2014, 08:51 AM
-

Thumbs up Stem For Stat

3. Buy new sensors. Probably the most expensive option. On a 2014, you may be closer to $200 for a set of 5. I honestly have not looked.
Yep at last look $45.00 per stem.. Mind you that's not including the installation charge..

Quick Reply: Tire pressures