Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Tire preferenece

Old 08-27-2014, 06:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Still deciding on a tire and am still aiming toward the Nitto terra Grabblers, only concern is that it is a 275/70/r18. I know it will fit but it is rated to fit a rim that is 7.0-8.5 wide, which my stock rims are 8.5, what if I bought after market rims and it was say 18x9 or 18x10? Will it fit on there or go to the next size up on the tire which is 295/70/r18?

My only concern on that is I don't have a lift and the 295/70 is a 34x11.4 tire and I am not sure clearance wise if it will for a stock 2014 polar with out rubbing?
Old 08-28-2014, 04:07 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A couple other AT tires to consider are the Cooper Discoverer S/T and AT3. I have had the S/T on my JK for 120k miles and just put on my 3rd set. They do have some road noise but ride nice and wear well and they are the best AT tire I have ever run off-road. I have the AT3 on my XJ and the ride nice and are quiet, they are not as aggressive as the S/T but can still handle casual off-road duty, I like them enough that I will also be putting a set of these on my wife's Avalanche this fall.

Quick Reply: Tire preferenece