Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Tire and lift question

Old 06-15-2011, 09:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by raidue
X2 on the TF 2.5" coil lift. I love mine.
What kind of shocks are you using? Any other suspension mods you're running in conjunction or just coils and shocks?
Old 06-15-2011, 10:40 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Haven't done this yet, but for what it's worth . . .

I'm planning on a RC 1.25" body lift. This will leave your suspension stock. With the addition of 1.5" spacers on your stock wheels or after market wheels with proper back spacing, your stance will be over 3" wider. I'm not sure, but your center of gravity won't be much higher and might even be lower due to the extra width of the spacers and tires.

You probably don't need to lift with 33" tires, but the BL is cheap, will give you a full 1.25" more room for your tires, shouldn't void your warranty, and will give you all the clearance you'll need.

I'm getting the BL to just give me more clearance for snow. That, plus Bilstein shocks, and your ride should be better than stock.

BTW, if you have a standard tranny, Rough Country has a shifter adapter that you'll need. The kit also has the necessary components to raise your rear bumper so the lift doesn't look bad.

Quick Reply: Tire and lift question