Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Tire help anyone?!

Old 01-03-2011, 09:03 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Tire help anyone?!

ok so ive been researching different tires and still dont know which would be the best, im looking for a tire that handles good offroad especially in mud and snow yet is still quiet on the highway and gets good mileage, i was thinking about GY duratracs but not sure, any ideas?
Old 01-03-2011, 09:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dillUSMC
ok so ive been researching different tires and still dont know which would be the best, im looking for a tire that handles good offroad especially in mud and snow yet is still quiet on the highway and gets good mileage, i was thinking about GY duratracs but not sure, any ideas?
my first choice: GY Wrangler M/T, but i can't get them in 18". second choice BFG A/T
Old 01-03-2011, 09:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Duratracs or KM2's (get them sipped).
Old 01-03-2011, 09:42 AM
JK Freak

thx, i think i got it pretty narrowed down now, but i heard the bfg A/T were bad in mud and caked up pretty easy, is that true
Old 01-03-2011, 09:58 AM
JK Newbie

Ya I had them on my stocky and the least bit of sticky stuff no traction IMO
Old 01-03-2011, 10:09 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my tires are hardly mentioned on here.. pro comp mt's.. anyway i was toatlly set on getting km2's. i came across a friend that had 4 35's pro comp mt's for a killer deal i couldnt resist, and i wanted 35's.
so i got about 4k on them now.. a few wheelin trips.. the tires perform GREAT!!! i had no issues with my stock bfg's either.. these pro comps are siped also, and pre drilled for studs, which i will never run in them, but someone might... there a lil noisey on highway, but i love it!! its a jeep.. the stock tires were just as noisey, and these are alot bigger..
overall id recommend them and im happy and would buy again.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

thx, i think i got it pretty narrowed down now, but i heard the bfg A/T were bad in mud and caked up pretty easy, is that true
Conditions here are mostly sand or rock, so Ihave yet to see how the BFGs will do in mud.
Old 01-03-2011, 01:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've got some 37 inch Mickey Thompson baja MTZ's and they have a very low hum compared to other mud's i've listened to scream. They haven't taken as much the toll on my gas mileage as much as the weight of my kit and bumpers and the fact that I can't afford gears yet. Took 'em out this past weekend out to ocotillo and they were amazing.
Old 01-03-2011, 01:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

I had BFG mud terrains, they are a great tire in everything exept ice or snow. Now I have the Goodyear MTR's with Kevlar, they are the best tires I have ever had, good in all conditions & supprisingly' less expensive than the BFG's. Discount tire will look after you they are good guys
Old 01-03-2011, 01:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

The Mickey Thompson MTZ are a very nice tire. I'm on my first set but will have no problem buying them again once these are worn out. Awesome in mud and snow and great street manners. Very good wear.

Quick Reply: Tire help anyone?!