Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Tire height

Old 06-04-2008, 09:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ahhh, thank you. Good to know that they have a wide variation. That is all it is then. I'm just not used to variation like that lol. FDA doesn't allow us much error so I'm just not used to it. Anyways, be aware then that BFG AT are not as tall as they claim. lol They actually list them as 34.5" as does tirerack. So an inch difference and this was with no load btw. I really miss the old days of walking into a store and looking at what you want then actually giving someone money and walking out with the item. lol Thanks for the responses.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
The second number isn't a relationship to the tread. It is a percentage of the section width, which is wider than the tread. The section width includes the distance from each side of the outside of the sidewall. The sidewall height is a percentage of this measurement.
Isnt that what I said ?

Quick Reply: Tire height