Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

tire carriers

Old 09-10-2018, 04:28 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default tire carriers

im doing a complete makeover of my 2 door which includes a new rear bumper but i wanna loose the bumper mounted tire carrier and go with a hinged one. the problem im having is which one to get the metalcloak or teraflex one both die hard fan of there products. who has which one and why do you like it
Old 09-10-2018, 06:48 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

MorRyde- it's not a standard unit that everyone has, it retains your factory 3rd brake light (if you so wish), and it has provisions for other accessories.

Best part- it has greaseable hinges so it should last a lifetime and then some.
Old 09-11-2018, 06:05 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,944 Likes on 1,701 Posts

I don't think you can go wrong with either the TF or Metalcloak carrier in regards to quality. I think you're likely to find a better deal on TF price wise, and might even be able to find a used one floating around. Many people run that carrier, and you'll be hard pressed to find negative commentary on it. I'm not a huge TF fan in general, but this is one of their items that seems to be much much better than all the cheap chinese knock off's that are now on the market. I've not seen a MC carrier in person, but I'd have no qualms about buying that either based on quality of their other products. The downside to MC is buying from them and paying for shipping, so if you want that one specifically, sign up for their mailing list and look for either a 10% sale, or a free shipping sale (whichever is best based on shipping cost of that product....for example, their skid plate system is better purchased with a free shipping deal vs.10% off cuz the shipping is so high on it).
Old 09-13-2018, 08:34 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

vaild statement on the shipping @resharp001 iv got a mil discount with them for 10% so its a add on when they do free shipping so thats what im waiting for and maybe for cyber monday to see what kinda deals they put out
Old 09-13-2018, 08:50 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,944 Likes on 1,701 Posts

Off topic, but since you're in Fort Hood, do you ever get down to Hidden Falls? Lone Star Fall Crawl is Oct 26-28. Member jsukey is going down for that, and I may come down myself, idk yet for sure as I have a rear axle locker situation to figure out.

Lone Star Fall Crawl | Lone Star Fall Crawl : Benefiting Pointe of Hope
Old 09-13-2018, 01:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by karls10jk
MorRyde- it's not a standard unit that everyone has, it retains your factory 3rd brake light (if you so wish), and it has provisions for other accessories.

Best part- it has greaseable hinges so it should last a lifetime and then some.
If I where to mount my spare to the back again I would go with the MorRyde setup. I already have the hinges and the modularity of the rest would make it a simple choice for me. That and I believe its the best return for your $$$.

Quick Reply: tire carriers