Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

WHICH TIRE CARRIER? - If gate is used every day!

Old 11-13-2016, 06:47 PM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by tgoss
I have the same. Really do like it as well.

If I had to buy another one I would get EVO's new carrier. I like how it places the tire closer to the gate.
Something I did when mounting the tire to the carrier was let some air out, mount it, and air back up. Really makes a super snug fit this way.
Old 11-13-2016, 08:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Ace engineering will be having their sale very soon. It's $900 for bumper, tire carrier, 2 6 inch backup lights and either a jerry can or high lift jack carrier or plate relocation with 3rd brake light. Click image for larger version

Name:	photo798.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	660842. I got mine last year this time.
Old 11-14-2016, 08:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cedarraider
Ace engineering will be having their sale very soon. It's $900 for bumper, tire carrier, 2 6 inch backup lights and either a jerry can or high lift jack carrier or plate relocation with 3rd brake light. Attachment 660842. I got mine last year this time.
ACE also has a new HD hinge style that carries 2 rotopax. It's looks pretty nice but it would kill what rear visibility the Jeep has left.
Old 11-14-2016, 10:04 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I get zero rattle including my high-lift jack which rattled like crazy until I powder coated it and then used a very large cotter pin to attach the base. The base used to shake like crazy on my PSC Rock Brawler but no rattling at all anymore!!

Originally Posted by JBulls17
I've seen similar setups that you have, from Smittybilt, to FabFours...I want that style, hinge attached to bumper, but my one concern is noise. Do you hear any noise or feel it rattle at all ?
Old 11-15-2016, 12:28 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JK HD Hinged Carrier

We've used quite a few gate mounted carriers around here, whether bumper/gate mounted or body/gate mounted. Nothing bad to say about AEV, Teraflex, MC, Evo or Rugged Ridge but our customers are partial to the Teraflex Hinged Carrier.
Old 11-15-2016, 12:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

EVO mfg recently came out with one that looks much stronger than a lot of the chinese made ones
Old 11-15-2016, 01:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ryan0260
Something I did when mounting the tire to the carrier was let some air out, mount it, and air back up. Really makes a super snug fit this way.
I was referring to the actual distance the tire sits away from the body of the gate, not necessarily how tight you can get it to the triangle.

Regardless... No complaints with the CC. I have no rattles or gripes, I just would have rather got Evo's offering if it was available at the time.
Old 11-15-2016, 04:20 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by MAJKF
I also run this DV8. Only issues so far is that the supplied hardware was cheap junk, which have since upgraded to grade 8. And the links have to be greased every so often. Figured that one out when one day (after moving to a humid climate) my gate wouldn't open.. WD-40 worked for a week at a stretch, grease has lasted since I put it on.
Are you talking about the links that are attached to the tramp stamp? Mine is a little tough to open at the moment
Old 11-16-2016, 01:20 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Fafafofi
Are you talking about the links that are attached to the tramp stamp? Mine is a little tough to open at the moment
Yes. if its getting hard to open try greasing it. In a pinch wd 40 works, but is only short term as it washea out any existing grease, then evaporates . Try spraying some CLP. Or get a socket set out to breakdown the links and pack with grease.
Old 12-02-2016, 06:38 PM
JK Newbie

If you havent bought one yet id definetly look into Crawler Conceptz! They have amazing products and great customer service!

Quick Reply: WHICH TIRE CARRIER? - If gate is used every day!