Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Tire carrier blocking licence plate?

Old 12-16-2009, 12:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire carrier blocking licence plate?

Hey, has anyone here gotten in trouble with the cops for blocking part of their license plates with their rear tire carrier. There are a few that I am interested in and they all seem to block the last number on the plate based on pictures, LOD, SMittybilt etc. Not that I wouldn't mind avoiding photo radar in this way but I can see being pulled over for that sort of thing.

Thanks
Old 12-16-2009, 01:32 PM
JK Newbie

My LOD bumper does not block the plate enough to not see the numbers/letters on the plate. However, I did move my expiration sticker from the bottom right corner to the upper right corner so as to make it visible. My neighbor the cop said I should be good to go, at least in town.
Old 12-16-2009, 04:32 PM
JK Super Freak

My smittybilt XRC handle does block about the last 1/8 inch of the last number on the plate, I have not got hassled by five-o yet.
Old 12-16-2009, 04:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

I was wondering the same thing. I just put my bumper on last night so hopefully I dont run into problems with the law.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:12 PM
JK Newbie

I am a cop....I leave Jeeps alone
Old 12-16-2009, 05:15 PM
JK Newbie

I have stopped people for the LP being obstructed but usually something else had drawn my attention to them or the vehicle and that makes for nice PC for the stop...but is is illegal at least here in Texas
Old 12-16-2009, 05:50 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah i was also wondering about that... my red rock fab rear carrier blocks the last number completely .. when i had the fab fours one it did also.. never seemed to have a problem.. but i could see where it could be a reason to be pulled over.

Quick Reply: Tire carrier blocking licence plate?