Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Tire carrier attached or not to gate

Old 03-05-2010, 01:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Lod rear bumper and tire carrier. I never thought it was a pain to open the carrier then the gate until i mounted my 3rd brake light. I never lengthened the wire for the light, so i have to unplug the light everytime i swing the carrier out. I forgot about the wire a couple of time and its only a matter of time before i break it. Im thinking about rigging something up to that they both open together. I may see if i can buy just the connection link from one of the manufacturers. Either that or ill fab one myself.

corey d
Old 03-05-2010, 01:49 PM
JK Newbie

I got the Bestop over sized tire carrier that attaches to the gate - it seems pretty sturdy. I like opening the gate with one motion. The Expedition One bumpers are nice. I have one in the front but didn't want to pony up for the rear. I ended up getting the Rampage Rear Recovery Bumper. I have lights in it now which makes it look better but couldn't find a more recent pic.

Old 03-05-2010, 02:30 PM
JK Freak

I'm getting this one put one now (like this week). One motion opening. It actually is a separate tire swing, just that the tire swing is connected to the rear gate. (The jeep gate bears no weight from the tire).

Quick Reply: Tire carrier attached or not to gate