Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Tire Carrier Advice

Old 11-22-2011, 08:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nomadr
It is on its own. You can see two pins on the left side. Those pins pull out, the carrier swings open. The tailgate then opens normally.
Thought those were pins. Thanks.
Old 11-22-2011, 10:50 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by desertrunner
Looking for a tire carrier to hold a 37" spare
I really like the look of the OR-Fab but i have heard some bad things about the powder coat getting chipped and rusted pretty easy and if any of you guys know the weather up in the mountains of Colorado Springs i need something that can take a beating
just wondering what is out there that people are happy with and would recommend
I have MANY of their products and the powder coating on all of my stuff is fine. My tire carrier rocks and I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone. Their customer service is tops and they will right any issues you might have.

Like someone else said, anything will chip/rust if not maintained. I think most people don't do any preventative maintenance when they should. Every few months I wipe ALL my powder coating down with Back to Black.

Last edited by aermotor; 11-22-2011 at 10:52 PM.

Quick Reply: Tire Carrier Advice