Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Which tire carrier????

Old 11-14-2010, 06:04 PM
Rsp
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which tire carrier????

Hey fellas, I have a serious dilemma! Im racking my brain trying to figure out which tire carrier to get!!!!! Money is really not the issue but most expensive aint always the best! My tailgate is already rattling bad!!!! HELP!!
Old 11-14-2010, 06:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by patmcd44
If money is not a consideration, ($1,399.00 plus shipping) the Expedition One Trail Series is what I went with and looks and functions great. The tailgate and tire open together much like the factory carrier. Here's a picture.
On the other end of that spectrum, I just got the RR tire carrier for $240, but you will need the RR rear bumper (which I already have) and that will set you back another $450 or so...

That Expidition One is bad ass tho
Old 11-14-2010, 06:59 PM
Rsp
JK Newbie

is that the factory hitch or built in to the expedition one? thanks for the input and pics,i have not seen this bumper yet! these two bumpers were not even on the list! startin to think startin this thread is gonna make my decision harder!!! ha
Old 11-14-2010, 07:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

AEV > everything else!

If you want the best don't even mess around with anything else.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just took off my Rock hard due to rattles. I put my stock bumper back on and WOW, pick up some ponies and better handling. I think 180lbs on the rear of the jeep is just to much. I'm picking up my or-fab tire carrier tuesday to fit my tire back on. the high dollar ones sure look nice but I'm going with the lighter way. My 2 cents.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:50 PM
JK Newbie

Default I have Benchmark Design Front and Rear bumpers going on this week

:bee r:
Old 11-14-2010, 09:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sixgun
I just took off my Rock hard due to rattles. I put my stock bumper back on and WOW, pick up some ponies and better handling. I think 180lbs on the rear of the jeep is just to much. I'm picking up my or-fab tire carrier tuesday to fit my tire back on. the high dollar ones sure look nice but I'm going with the lighter way. My 2 cents.
Just installed my OR-FAB and love it!!!!
Old 11-14-2010, 09:35 PM
JK Jedi

x2 or 3 on the OR-Fab Carrier. Heck of a carrier for just around $500. Royal PITA to install, but well worth it in the end. Been on for over a year carrying 2 5Gal Jerry Cans, a 60" Hi-Lift jack and 35" Spare weighing over 100lbs (tire and wheel) and still no rattles.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Sixgun
I am Running the rockhard and I have no issues with it rattling. It looks good, its super strong, and I like the highlift mount underneath the spare.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CGnTtown
AEV > everything else!

If you want the best don't even mess around with anything else.
x2
AEV is really awesome

Quick Reply: Which tire carrier????