Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Tire/Can Carrier: Off or On Tub

Old 07-11-2011, 06:52 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire/Can Carrier: Off or On Tub

I'm thinking about getting the OR-FAB Rear Tire/Can carrier which puts the load on the tub/body of the jeep instead of the bumper (like most aftermarket tire carriers). The install instructions claim a 175-200lb weight capacity.

Anyone have pics or experience with this tire/can carrier? What are people's opinion about the load on the body vs bumper? Are there any other similar tire/can carriers out there? I'd prefer the cans be mounted between the body of the jeep and the spare.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the OrFab tire carrier and I'm very happy with it. It is very durable and solid. You are correct they rate it for up to 200lbs. They also rate it for up to a 37" tire but there are many people carrying a 40" tire with no problems.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4291.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	180840  

Quick Reply: Tire/Can Carrier: Off or On Tub