Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Tire brand opinions for my new 37's...

Old 12-02-2014, 06:08 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One thing i forgot to mention, after years of running Toyo's on a Jeep, I've learned that as soon as the Jeep hits dirt, drop the air pressure to 8 to 10 psi, and the ride quality is much better.
Old 12-02-2014, 06:11 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MOPWR2U
One thing i forgot to mention, after years of running Toyo's on a Jeep, I've learned that as soon as the Jeep hits dirt, drop the air pressure to 8 to 10 psi, and the ride quality is much better.
I air down the Nittos to 18psi when wheeling.
Old 12-02-2014, 06:16 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JKNYCSahara
Hey, looks are a factor as well. I'm running 400HP and 330 to the wheels so there's power to spin them. Also regeared to 4.56 and may eventually build axles and go 40's.
So you want to run 90lbs tires with 330hp on a D30?
Old 12-02-2014, 06:21 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Joe_B
So you want to run 90lbs tires with 330hp on a D30?

Hahaha yeah. Will it break? What if I truss it?
Old 12-02-2014, 06:41 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you truss it, you will still be popping U-joints, snapping shafts, and mangling ring gears. The D30 really wont be worth a damn with 37's and that power. I'd start building axles sooner than later.
Old 12-02-2014, 06:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

It's really subjective, it all depends on how you wheel, where you wheel, if you're heavy on the skinny pedal or if your more take more of a technical approach. I would weld on some gussets and LCA skids and that's it. Try not to put too much money into something that's not even worth it especially when you want to upgrade axles later on. As for tires take a look at cooper Stt by far the cheapest 37 I found when looking. Similar tread design to toyos, cheaper, lighter, D rated side wall, quiet but still have a nice hum, 10k on them and still look brand new, wheeled them at 10psi at rausch creek and they did great.
Old 12-02-2014, 06:55 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JKBud
It's really subjective, it all depends on how you wheel, where you wheel, if you're heavy on the skinny pedal or if your more take more of a technical approach. I would weld on some gussets and LCA skids and that's it. Try not to put too much money into something that's not even worth it especially when you want to upgrade axles later on. As for tires take a look at cooper Stt by far the cheapest 37 I found when looking. Similar tread design to toyos, cheaper, lighter, D rated side wall, quiet but still have a nice hum, 10k on them and still look brand new, wheeled them at 10psi at rausch creek and they did great.
Awesome. Will check them out. Was at Rausch this weekend.
Old 12-02-2014, 06:58 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My 2cents of the 2 from what friends have owned and liked I'd go with the Toyo's from their reviews(I haven't owed either) but even I who use to have a Dana 30.... Now a PR44 with dynatrac ball joints, Reid knuckles etc etc and went up from 35's to 37's this past May wanted the TOYO OPEN COUNTRY MT's (based on friends opinions and I liked the look of them on their jeeps) didn't want the weight and went with the Goodyear MTR's with Kevlar one of the lightest 37's out there and pretty true to size..... I've done Moab and Rausch Creek and loved them with plenty of wheeling here to in Ontario Canada. Some of the MTR's took extra weights to balance but did balance well... Good luck (on a side note cause of snow here I run only Goodyear Duratracs come winter).
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-843428908.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	586521  
Old 12-02-2014, 07:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm running 400HP and 330 to the wheels so there's power to spin them.
Any issues btw running 37's with a D30 front or would I need to truss them?
Old 12-02-2014, 07:50 PM
ade
JK Enthusiast

Simple answer is yes something will break with that much power to 37s on a D30..

Quick Reply: Tire brand opinions for my new 37's...