Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Tire Ballancing

Old 05-13-2012, 11:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire Ballancing

I am thinking of trying Dana Beads in my 35 inch MTR-K so I don't have to have them rebalanced as often. Any one using then and what do you like or dislike about them. Thanks in advance for any responses.
Old 05-13-2012, 12:21 PM
JK Freak

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm running 37" Mud Grapplers and have them. I haven't had any issues. I've had mine up to 75mph and not a single vibration. Just make sue they read the instutions to see what size of a bag to put in the tire.
Old 05-13-2012, 01:01 PM
JK Freak

When I had new wheels put on the guys are the tire shop were having trouble trying to re-balance my 37" MTR's and had suggested using beads so I tried them out and it was a nightmare. Anything under 30 was okay but above that and the whole Jeep would shake violently. Sometimes they would work okay but when at speed if I hit a bump they would un-balance and I'd have to slow down again. I took my tires to a different place and the head tech there said he had never had good luck with using them as they only use them mainly for semi truck tires. Find a shop with a "hunter tire balancer" and they should be able to balance them no problem.
Old 05-13-2012, 01:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

I tried Equal powder in some 37" Rockers and I would NOT recommend it. The beads however make more sense.
Old 05-13-2012, 01:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm using Dynabeads in my Nitto Trail Grapplers (35's) and haven't had an issue been driving with them for almost a 1000 miles now.
Old 05-13-2012, 01:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used the larger size dynabeads in my 33 Duratracs. The chart called for 8 ozs per tire. I have put about 1500 miles on them so far with no complaints. Most of my driving is two lane highways at 55 but I have been on the interstate at 75 with no vibrations at all. I liked the fact that I could mount my tires at home,throw the beads in and be rolling smooth without paying someone to do it.
Old 05-13-2012, 07:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Dyna Beads

I used the 8 oz bag also on my 35's. I have KM2's on bead locks so it was easy to pour them in. I have experienced no problems even with the tmps sensors. It runs smooth at all speeds for me. It was a good investment.

Quick Reply: Tire Ballancing