Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Tire balancing troubles

Old 03-04-2008, 08:08 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tire balancing troubles

My 07 JK came stock with 245/75/16 Goodyear Wranglers.

I recently upgraded to 265/75/16 BF Goodrich Radial Long Trail T/As.

Yesterday marks the THIRD time I've had to have these tires balanced for slight vibration on the highway. The second time I had them balanced the shop said they were pretty far off. After less than 200 miles later (which includes a 130 mile highway trip) a shop I took it to said they were way off (just a week and 200 miles later). I've never had so many problems with tires before.

So far they seem to be ok ... But I've only put about 60 miles on them since they were balanced. I hopped back on the highway and there was a noticeable difference, but the question seems to remain for how long.

I rotated the OEM Goodyears twice, and they were always smooth on the highway in a variety of temperatures. Kinda regretting the fact that I "fixed" something that wasn't broken ...

Any thoughts?

Quick Reply: Tire balancing troubles